July 18-23, 2021
Registration Form (.pdf)
Registration Form (.docx)
Location TBA. Course begins at 0800 on July 18th.
$650 -- Early Registration
Room and Board:
Optional. This is for people who plan to stay at MLEA and eat all meals at MLEA.
- Sleeping Room for the course: 6 nights at $15/night = $90
- Meals for the course: 6 days at $22/day = $132
This 60+ hour Montana POST certified course is designed for commissioned law enforcement officers assigned to tactical teams and will combine classroom instruction with practical exercises. All the basic skills needed by new SWAT officers will be covered in this course. Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Less Lethal force philosophy
- Team and individual movement
- High risk warrant service
- Barricaded suspects
- CQB and room clearing (covert, slow & methodical and dynamic movement)
- Arrest team tactics
- Immediate action drills
- Incident debriefs
Student Equipment Requirements:
All individually assigned tactical gear
- Helmet, ballistic protection (heavy vest or plate carrier), tactical uniform(s), rifle, pistol, radio and com gear, eye and ear protection, and gas mask (gas mask is required).
- 350 rounds rifle, 350 rounds pistol
Point of Contact
- For registration and payment issues: Nanette Gilbertson (email@example.com)
- For course specific questions: Undersheriff Wayne DuBois (firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-885-3510).